Hills Home Dog Boarding is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Hills Home Dog Boarding may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information (including email address, postal address, telephone number)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, for the following reasons:
- To respond to your contact requests
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Users contacting this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a contact form on the website, you give consent for the information on it to be used directly for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to consent to this, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time. You may also request for any personal information which we hold electronically to be securely destroyed. You can make these requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
All personal details which Hills Home Dog Boarding hold are stored in hard copy in a locked filing cabinet. All electronic details, used solely for invoicing and contacting the customer, are stored securely on a security protected computer & mobile device.
Details and the details of any emergency contacts are only used to contact you should the need arise. Hills Home Dog Boarding need these emergency contact details in the event of a change of circumstances during the care of your pet, for example in an emergency.
On termination of services, any electronic details which Hills Home Dog Boarding hold will be deleted. Hard copies of your personal data will remain securely stored for 24 months. After this period, they will be safely destroyed. We hold this data once services are terminated, as evidence should a claim be made against us. Financial records of payment made will continue to be held for tax purposes, but any account details will not be retained.
No information held by us will be shared with any other party for marketing or advertising purposes. No data held will be sold or distributed. Confidentiality is paramount.